The below advertised position is unfortunately already closed. However, if you would still like to submit your Curriculum Vitae and/or any other accompanying documents, kindly send them to email@example.com. Thank you.
Are you ready to join a 5-star award winning resort? We are looking for you!
If you are an independent and hardworking professional who has senior experience managing a hotel kitchen we have a rewarding opportunity for you. You will be responsible for the food production and all kitchen operations while maintaining the required safety, hygiene and quality standards as per the hotel’s guidelines. Creativity and natural culinary skills will be a key requirement for this position.
- Oversee kitchen operations, ensuring everything is done in accordance with the organization’s standards
- Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen is always met and food storage areas and equipment are well maintained
- Maintain high standards of food quality at all times
- Assist the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation, dispensing and ensuring pre-service procedures are followed
- Plan and cost menus in consultation with the Executive Chef
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings and ensure active participation from all team members
- Trains and develop kitchen staff, establish working schedules and assess staff performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately with a view of managing costs
- Minimum Diploma or Certificate from Kenya Utalii College or any other recognized institution
- Computer literate
- Must have a minimum experience of 3 years in a similar position
- Must have great understanding of both local and international cuisines
- Good managerial skills and ability to train staff
- Familiar with the industry’s best practices
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent customer service and committment to exceptional quality
March 8, 2019
The deadline has passed.
<< Back to Job Listings